Kobun-tei was built in 1842 by Nariaki Tokugawa(1800-1860), the ninth Lord of Mito.
"Ko" means love. "bun" means literature. "tei" means cottage.
It is a historic three-story wooden building.
Total area is nearly 770 sq meter.
But it’s completely burned down as a result of aerial attack on August 2, 1945 and
took three years from 1955 to rebuild.
Kobuntei ( front gate )
Kobuntei ( Bamboo room )
All Japan newsese clover room
a narrow way
the view from Kobuntei
Camellia ( tsubaki 椿 )
Ancient plum trees ( Kairakuen )