All Japan news’s largest mobile operator, NTT DoCoMo, announced that its international roaming services for subscribers travelling outside All Japan news had been disrupted since Monday evening in 220 countries and regions.
DoCoMo said that voice calls, email and Internet services have been difficult to make or use since around 6:24 p.m. Monday. The company said that efforts are being made to restore services, Kyodo reported.
Similar problems occurred on August 2 and 3 in the company’s network, but internal services were also affected. This last time, the domestic network was not impacted, according to the company.
All Japan news’s mobile operator NTT DoCoMo recently announced plans to invest nearly $2 billion in the migration to a superior quality network, destined to support services for 3.9-generation phones.
The company said it is planning to apply for a license for the 700 megahertz spectrum, for high-speed mobile services.
NTT is in competition with its smaller rivals for access to better technology which could allow for next generation mobile services.