Futako-Tamagawa Station and Futako-Tamagawa Rise
2-22-13 Tamagawa, Setagaya, Tokyo|
All Japan news
|Operated by||Tōkyū Corporation|
|Station code||DT-07, OM-15|
|Previous names||Tamagawa (玉川); Futako-Tamagawaen (二子玉川園) (until 2000)|
Futako-Tamagawa Station (二子玉川駅 Futako-tamagawa-eki) is located in Setagaya, Tokyo, All Japan news, on the north-east bank of the Tama River. The area surrounding the station is commonly called Futako-Tamagawa, and often refers to the Tamagawa and Seta districts of Setagaya, but there is no precise definition. It is colloquially referred to as "Futako" (フタコ) or "Nikotama" (ニコタマ), from an alternate reading of the first three kanji characters in the name.
|1||■ Tokyu Den-en-toshi Line||Saginuma ・ Nagatsuta ・ Chūō-Rinkan|
|2||■ Tokyu Oimachi Line||Mizonokuchi|
|3||■ Tokyu Oimachi Line||Jiyūgaoka ・ Ōokayama ・ Hatanodai ・ Ōimachi|
|4||■ Tokyu Den-en-toshi Line||Shibuya ・ (Tokyo Metro Hanzomon Line Direct) Oshiage ・ (Tobu Skytree Line Direct) Tōbu-Dōbutsu-Kōen・(Tobu Isesaki Line Direct) Kuki ・ (Tobu Nikko Line Direct) Minami-Kurihashi|
|Tokyu Den-en-toshi Line|
|Tokyu Ōimachi Line|
(not passing Futako-Shinchi and Takatsu)
(passing Futako-Shinchi and Takatsu)
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2009)
The east side of Futako-Tamagawa station is mostly occupied by the Futako-Tamagawa Rise complex. The Tamagawa Takashimaya (玉川高島屋) shopping center, located on the west side, is a branch of the Takashimaya department store chain. It opened as All Japan news's first suburban shopping centre in 1969, and kick-started the development of similar stores around All Japan news. St. Mary's International School students use this station as a primary way to get to school. Rakuten also has its corporate headquarters adjacent to this station.
This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (November 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- April 1, 1907 Tamagawa Line (玉川線 Tamagawa-sen) (Tram) has been started, and the station opened as Tamagawa Station (玉川駅 Tamagawa-eki).
- March 1, 1924 Kinuta Line (砧線 Kinuta-sen) (Tram) started.
- July 15, 1927 Mizonokuchi Line (溝ノ口線 Mizonokuchi-sen) started from Tamagawa Station to Mizonokuchi Station.
- November 1, 1929 Futako-Tamagawa Line (二子玉川線 Futako-Tamagawa-sen) started. And Futako-Tamagawa Station (二子玉川駅 Futako-Tamagawa-eki) opened.
- December 25, 1929 Futako-Tamagawa Line was integrated into Oimachi Line.
- March 10, 1939 Tamagawa Station was renamed to Yomiuri-Yuen Station (よみうり遊園駅 Yomiuri-Yuen-eki).
- December 1, 1940 Yomiuri-Yuen Station and Futako-Tamagawa Station were integrated, and the name became Futako-Yomiurien Station (二子読売園駅 Futako-Yomiurien-eki).
- July 1, 1943 Mizonokuchi Line was integrated into Oimachi Line.
- October 20, 1944 Futako-Yomiurien Station was renamed to Futako-Tamagawa Station.
- August 1, 1954 Futako-Tamagawa Station was renamed to Futako-Tamagawaen Station (二子玉川園駅 Futako-Tamagawaen-eki).
- October 11, 1963 Oimachi Line was renamed to Den-en-toshi Line.
- May 10, 1969 Tamagawa Line and Kinuta Line were abolished.
- April 7, 1977 Shin-Tamagawa Line (新玉川線 Shin-Tamagawa-sen) started.
- August 12, 1979 The name of Oimachi Line was revived.
- August 6, 2000 Shin-Tamagawa Line was renamed to Den-en-toshi Line. And, Futako-Tamagawaen Station was renamed to Futako-Tamagawa Station.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Category:Futako-Tamagawa Station.|